Monday, August 9, 2010

In The Beginning

Nothing like starting with a cliche.
I am a hypnotist. I’m not a physician; I’m not a psychologist. And clearly, I'm not a writer.
I help people with bad habits – over eating, fear of public speaking, trouble sleeping, etc., and a large part of my hypnosis practice is helping people quit smoking. I have helped hundreds of people quit smoking.
I’m writing this blog so that I could reach more people who want to quit smoking than I can in my one-to-one hypnosis sessions.
I do not care what you do to quit smoking. Just quit! I have a lot to say on this subject and a lot of it will help you quit.
Some options on how to quit:
  • Going Cold Turkey
  • Nicotine Patches
  • Acupuncture
  • Nicotine Gum
  • Pharmaceuticals
  • or Hypnosis 
They all can work for you.
My bias, of course, is toward hypnosis; but I support anything that will help you quit. We will discuss all the smoking cessation modalities in this blog.

Being a smoker is being a pariah. My clients tell me that people shout at them as they stand outside a building. I would never do that to a smoker. I don’t hate smokers -- I help smokers. I’m writing this blog to give the readers - the ones who smoke - information and real support.
(Besides, why would I love a job working with people I hate?)

My Primary Life Goal is to live in a world where the tobacco companies have gone out of business and no one smokes because they don’t want to. 
I will work on my Primary Life Goal until I achieve it. And I will.
Just watch me.

No comments:

Post a Comment